Lips are one of the best facial indicators of a person’s true age. For years, women have tried injecting various substances into their lips to achieve a plump, youthful appearance. Your lips are the most important and exquisitely sensitive part of your body. And therefore you have to take special care of your lips.
Soft, smooth lips are the natural asset of a lady. Being the prominent erotic centre they have enough literature poetically composed on them. But lack of care and not keeping your mouth clean often results in incrustations formed over the lips. It is chiefly because the upper layer of our lips is very thin with neither any gland or pores to keep them automatically soft and smooth. So in summers or when your body is hot-particularly when your liver is not functioning well- you find your lips rough, dry and encrusted. The best way to keep them soft and smooth is to apply a little of honey early in the morning. In case they are dry due to digestive disorder, go for a regular treatment.
- The best way to kiss dry, chapped lips goodbye is with a little gentle exfoliation and moisturising.
- Always use moisturizer lotion on lips during winter months to insure soft lips.
- To get natural pink lips apply beetroot juice before bed.
- Use a lip care product as part of a daily regimen to moisturize your lips and maintain their healthy condition.
- Avoid over-exposure to the sun, which can dry your lips the way it dries the rest of you. If you spend a lot of time outdoors, we suggest a ‘triple’ lipstick, with moisturisers and sunscreen built right in.
- Stop smoking.
- Turn up the moisture before you turn out the lights. Give your lips a touch of clear, rich moisture at bedtime. Do it each night, and you’ll wake up to softer lips in no time at all! (Special tip: If you don’t have lip balm, eye cream makes an effective, gentle lip moisturiser.)
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Drinking plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
- If your lips are prone to dryness and cracking, check out a daily maintenance product.
- Check that your lipsticks contain condition-enhancing ingredients, especially if you use long-lasting lipsticks, which tend to dry out lips.
- To help remove flakes from dry lips, use a soft toothbrush, and gently brush across your lips.
- Whenever you are exposed to especially drying conditions, whether due to harsh outdoor elements or a dry indoor environment, use a lip care product that seals in natural moisture and seals out the drying forces.
- To stop lips from chapping due to dry lip sticks, use a very slight base of vaseline before applying the lipstick.
- Grind rose petals and apply on lips to get smooth pink lips
- If you sunbathe, be sure to use a lip balm with sufficient sunscreen. Remember to moisturise lips after soaking up the rays. (Special tip: lip balms with camphor are designed to help lips that need healing.
- For effective moisturising, choose a balm without camphor, or use a clear lip gloss.)
Home Made Recipe for lip Care
]For a relaxing, at-home boost to your lips, mash a quarter of a ripe papaya until it makes a juicy paste. Then, lie down on a towel and apply a generous amount to the lips and the skin around the lips. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes, rinse it off and apply lip balm. Papaya contains exfoliating enzymes and can help to soften and refine lip lines.
Winter Lip Care
Lips tend to dry out the fastest at this time of year. Be sure to keep them covered with a good lip balm applied several times during the day. Warm sesame oil will also soothe your lips . Avoid licking your lips and don’t bite the skin on the surface of your lips. The skin will never have a chance to heal if you chew on it. This is a hard habit to break but well worth the effort. Lips balms are now commonly available with an SPF factor as well to protect them from the harmful rays.
Incoming search terms for the article: